- 6 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- Beaufort County Public Health Department
1436 Highland Drive
Washington, NC 27889
Meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Board of Health members must meet certain qualifications [NCGS 130a-35b] and are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Board of Health is comprised of 11 members: 1 County Commissioner representative, 3 general public representatives, and 1 of each of the following: Engineer, Dentist, Physician, Registered Nurse, Optometrist, Pharmacist, Veterinarian.
- Dr. David Howdy - Dentist (Board of Health Chair)
- Dr. Jessica Triche - Physician (Board of Health Vice Chair)
- Dr. Chris Padgett - Optometrist
- Mrs. Angela Biggs - Pharmacist
- Mr. Robert Belcher - General Public
- Mr. Stewart Ham - General Public
- Mr. Joe Hooker - General Public
- Dr. Marty Poffenberger - Veterinarian
- Mr. Hood Richardson - County Commissioner
- Mr. Mark Roy - Engineer
- Mrs. Shelia Slade - Registered Nurse
North Carolina General Statutes define both the responsibilities and the composition of local boards of health. The local board of health is charged with being “the policy-making, rule-making and adjudicatory body for a county health department.”